||2013 Brownville Freedom Run Results!
>>>>>CLICK HERE FOR 2013 RACE RESULTS!
July 4, 2013 at 7 a.m. was a perfect day for runners. At dawn, the temperature was 59 degrees. You could see your breath in the air as the sun came up just as 260 runners and walkers went through the check-in or registration process at the start/finish area of the eleventh Brownville Freedom Run. The early bird volunteers took no time at all to marshal the waking up and warming up runners and walkers who were ready to give it their all in the 5K, the 10K or the Half Marathon. By the time it was to start their respective distances, a record number of participants gathered to charge through the computer operated chip timing archway. The horn went off and after a minute the once crowded area in front of the old Brownville gas station was all quiet except for the fast paced music coming through the P.A. system.
The next group of volunteers were ready to take over as water/sports drink monitors, as EMTs on the course watching out for the safety of everyone involved and the Paramedics along side their ambulances just in case. The medals were set to be handed to the finishers, More water, sports drink, fruit and snacks replaced the registration forms under the shade of the tent. The cooling mist tent was activated for overheated runners to reduce temperatures. The timing computers were humming in anticipation of the first runners to return. The Freedom Runners left in huge bunch and trickled back to the finish line over the next two hours. Thankfully all runners/walkers finished safely.
While most of the participants in 2013 were from within easy driving distance of Brownville, many other states were represented. The states surrounding Nebraska all had several runners. Some others came from farther away: Washington, Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Mississippi, Georgia, Virginia, North Carolina, Minnesota, Illinois and Indiana. We were not without glitches, but with the patience shown by people in the running community made up for most concerns. Those who did not receive the participation medals will be getting them in the mail soon. Any other concerns are welcome. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
None of the early morning fun could happen without the generosity of those who sponsored the Brownville Freedom Run. All proceeds from the Run are used to fund the entire 4th of July Brownville Freedom Celebration. Because of the selflessness of the sponsors and the many volunteers, the Brownville Freedom Run and Celebration will only get bigger and better in the future. Thank you runners from across the country, all the sponsors who gave time, money and services. And a special thanks to the volunteers who make Brownville a July 4 destination.
2012 Brownville Freedom Run Wrap up.
RESULTS ARE IN
>>>>>2012 BROWNVILLE FREEDOM RUN RESULTS!
Thank you to all the friendly and helpful volunteers that helped make the 2012 Freedom Run a success.
To our sponsors: we appreciate your generosity that helps make us what we have become. And to the runners and walkers who came to Brownville despite the heat , humidity and the early morning hours, without your loyal support there would be no Brownville Freedom Run. We received registrations from fifteen U.S. States and two Canadian Provinces.
Again, we would like feedback from anyone involved with the Run to send suggestions for improvement. The Brownville Freedom Run is for you not for the organizers. We want to be what you want us to be. Send comments and suggestions to: email@example.com.
The Missouri River flooding of 2011 is a thing of the past. After a summer of having the River seven miles wide completely shutting off traffic on Highway 136 between Brownville and points east, we are open for business at last. The construction on the Brownville Bridge is complete so we are looking forward to a “normal” 4th of July Freedom Celebration and Brownville Freedom Run.
We will return to our previous years course for the 5K, 10K and Half Marathon. 2012 will see a new registration method that is more inclusive of all forms of credit card. Again we will be utilizing RaceDay Timing Solutions for our chip timing and finish line management. As runner safety is a priority, medical personnel and plentiful water/sports drink stations will be in place. A water mist cool down tent will again be available. The finish line will have snacks and beverages. As part of the Brownville Freedom Celebration, after the Run there will be food vendors and many day long activities for the whole family.
The registration link will be available soon. Registration fees will not increase from last year: $20 per runner who pre-register on-line before June 20 and $25 for those who register on the day of the event. For further information, questions, comments e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Paul Fish at 402-825-4301.
2011 Brownville Freedom Run Wrap up...
Despite the Missouri River flooding that forced the Brownville Freedom Run to take place on the third alternative course, the beginning event of the Freedom Celebration has to be considered a success.
While the number of runners was reduced from last year’s record attendance, 180 souls who braved the heat, humidity and hills are to be commended for their loyalty. Without those runners, the Run would not be one of the best small running/walking events in the region.
Feedback from the runners indicate the reason they are so loyal is because of the volunteers they encounter from start to finish. High praise has been extended from the ease of registration and sign-up to the expertise of those who were at the aid stations handing out water and sports drink and giving direction along the 3, 6 or thirteen mile course.
In order to keep the participants safe, the Freedom Run has as many medical personnel as races fives its size. EMTs and Paramedics from Brownville, Nemaha, Auburn and Falls City allow everyone to rest easy if a medical emergency arises it will be taken care of professionally.
We appreciate everyone involved with the Run: participants, volunteers, sponsors. Anyone with comments or suggestions contact The Brownville Freedom Run at email@example.com.
2010 Freedom Run Wrap-up...
The Brownville Freedom Run completed its eighth run with a record smashing 250+ runners and walkers.
While there were a few glitches, things went pretty well for all involved. All participants cooperated and our 40+ volunteers reported only minor problems. For the first time in our history we had to use the services of our outstanding medical personnel as a few heat related problems arose.
There were about 100 more runners/walkers than a year ago and we enjoyed the increase. We know there were a few problems and would like to have input from participants so we can be better in the future.
The Brownville Freedom Run is a small event with a limited budget, so there are some things we will not be able to do (such as computer chip timing) but we want suggestions to make things easier and better. If anyone has been to other similar runs and they are more efficient or better, please let us know so we can improve.
Contact Paul Fish at firstname.lastname@example.org with suggestions, complaints and comments,
Thank you for coming to Brownville, we hope to see you all again next year and let others know if you had a good experience.
Freedom Run 2010 Results
Freedom Run 2010: Saturday, July 3
To view 2010 Brownville Freedom Run 5K click here.
To view 2010 Brownville Freedom Run 10K click here.
To view 2010 Brownville Freedom Run Half Marathon click here.
WOMEN 19 AND YOUNGER
29:41 Catherine Davison Auburn, Ne
30:36 Amanda Bejjani Lincolm, Ne
31:15 Lauren Bierman Falls City, Ne
33:06 Emma Liesinger Council Bluffs, Ia
34:10 Alicia Muettner Verdon, Ne
34:10 Allie Bierman Falls City, Ne
41:15 Katja Kroeker Genoa, Italy
42:09 Autumn Sigmund San Antonio, Tx
50:57 Sarah Beggs Jefferson, Ga
50:58 Clara Logue Jefferson, Ga
26:50 Kristin Caspers Tecumseh, Ne
27:02 Jennifer Lippold San Antonio, Tx
35:54 Jodi Genthe Lincoln, Ne
36:12 Jessica Gentert Auburn, Ne
36:39 Tisha Jackson Rock Port, Mo
41:35 Julie Genthe Peru, Ne
43:54 Paige Bierman Falls City, Ne
46:37 Sarah Frazier Brownville, Ne
46:38 LeeAnn Hibbert Brownville, Ne
62:15 Kirsten Meyer Tomah, Wi
22:57 Sandy Catlin Salem, Ne
24:21 Sarah Watkins Rock Port, Mo
24:50 Amber Meyer Johnson, Ne
30:06 Jodie Olberding Falls City, Ne
30:19 Kindra Johnsen Firth, Ne
30:50 Amee Kroeker Genova, Italy
31:57 Stacy Allen Henderson, Nv
34:45 Tera Stutheit Jonnson, Ne
41:15 Ann Crumly Brock, Ne
46:40 Erin Tressa Council Bluffs, Ia
50:36 Dawn McAlexander Firth, Ne
73:05 Susan Delja Gretna, Ne
27:15 Deb Jarred Verdon, Ne
29:23 Kate Hall Littleton, Co
32:32 Deeny Nielson Nebraska City, Ne
42:15 Jennifer Bierman Falls City, Ne
46:39 Terri Parrish Rock Port, Mo
47:47 Kelly Longfox Council Bluffs, Ia
WOMEN 50 AND BETTER
31:50 Janice Gubbels Council Bluffs, Ia
34:54 Debra Brakhahn Auburn, Ne
38:49 Mary Lynn Hall Nebraska City, Ne
39:05 Barbara Waymire Waverly, Ne
41:15 Terrie Boring Johnson, Ne
43:52 Darlene Wright Peru, Ne
44:20 Cindy Meyer Nebraska City, Ne
46:49 Cindy Genthe Auburn, Ne
51:03 Bernice Glenn Oak Bluff, Ar
51:04 Doris Cunningham Craig, Mo
51:41 Jan McMullen Stella, Ne
52:53 Rose Barnhart Craig, Mo
53:29 Mary Andrews Council Bluffs, Ia
54:02 Emily Hummel Auburn, Ne
54:03 Donna Reeves Maryville, Mo
57:42 Jane Dose Nebraska City, Ne
NO AGE LISTED
28:34 Colleen Nieland Omaha, Ne
50:13 Judy Schlosser Shubert, Ne
51:20 Deb Kubic Auburn, Ne
51:21 Eric Moody Auburn, Ne
51:22 Doug Kubic Auburn, Ne
MEN 19 AND YOUNGER
19:01 Nick Meyer Auburn, Ne
19:43 Matthew Heskett Nemaha, Ne
26:01 Bruce Logue Jefferson, Ga
28:06 Tynan Mc Mullen Tomah, Wi
24:27 Eric Niece Maysville, Mo
24:54 Kyle Riekew Tecumseh, Ne
27:26 Lucas Minor Omaha, Ne
45:35 Casey Hibbert Spearfish, S.D.
46:22 Kyler Chase Derby, Ks
51:40 Andy McMullen Stella, Ne
62:14 Derek Meyer Tomah, Wi
21:24 David Johnsen Firth, Ne
28:16 Stephen Tressa Council Bluffs, Ia
35:54 Jon Genthe Lincoln, Ne
36:37 Tim Kroeker Genoa, Italy
73:20 Joseph Lauber Lincoln, Ne
MEN 50 AND BETTER
19:50 Brian Harrifield Lincoln, Ne
24:00 Roger Curry Papillion, Ne
31:00 Gary Bray Johnson, Ne
34:04 Ron Heskett Nemaha, Ne
35:09 Chuck Hummel Auburn, Ne
44:19 Chris Hall Littleton, Co
45:46 Steve Cunningham Craig, Mo
52:53 Ron Barnhart Craig, Mo
53:10 Bill Genthe Auburn, Ne
57:42 Chris Dewey Nebraska City, Ne
NO AGE LISTED
21:34 Johann Murray Tarkio, Mo
28:08 John McMullen Tomah, Wi
51:52 Doug Kubic Auburn, Ne
WOMEN 19 AND YOUNGER
0:52:38 Laural Shepard Omaha, Ne
0:44:50 Rhgnqi Orme Omaha, Ne
0:47:07 Lindsey Derr Burlington Junction, Mo
0:58:08 Kiley Schwedhehlm Omaha, Ne
0:58:10 Savannah Kok Peru, Ne
0:59:49 Audra Betts Omaha, Ne
1:00:18 Meagan Cody Omaha, Ne
1:02:21 Gina Owens Omaha, Ne
1:05:47 Cara McMann Hickman, Ne
1:05:49 Jordan Georges Brownville, Ne
1:13:40 Jennifer Whisler Peru, Ne
1:13:49 Lindsay Brundage Lincoln, Ne
1:14:40 Michaela Cooney Lincoln, Ne
1:34:49 Tandra Judman Colorado Springs, Co
1:34:50 Amanda Drier Auburn, Ne
0:50:07 Megan Fentzloff Omaha, Ne
0:50:29 Leslie Kreikemeier West Point, Ne
0:51:50 Susie Bruning Lincoln, Ne
0:54:54 Tanya Fish West Des Moines, Ia
0:55:00 Jen Fish Iowa City, Ia
0:56:37 Heather Jenneman Bellevue, Ne
0:56:43 Meagan Kennington Omaha, Ne
1:01:54 Natasha Lopez Omaha, Ne
1:03:38 Rebekka Meyer St. Paul, Mn
1:04:47 Stephanie Cody-Goossen Omaha, Ne
1:09:09 Karen Miller Rock Port, Mo
1:18:55 Heather Williamson Nebraska City, Ne
1:18:56 Tanya Lyon Lincoln, Ne
0:56:20 Toni Leisinger Council Bluffs, Ia
1:03:38 Jennifer Eyestone Dallas, Tx
1:04:10 Sondra Grote Omaha, Ne
1:13:40 Barb Fike Peru, Ne
1:18:57 Ronda Witter-Rutland Nebraska City, Ne
1:30:10 Julie Perry Peru, Ne
1:40:38 Shelly Smith Louisville, Ne
WOMEN 50 AND BETTER
1:11:10 Janiece Beethe Burr, Ne
1:16:48 Jean Hendricks Abilene, Ks
1:25:28 Carloyn Volkmer Syracuse, Ne
1:27:14 Cheryl Cotton Peru, Ne
1:52:38 Sally Bantz Auburn, Ne
1:52:38 Karen Kamtz Peru, Ne
MEN 19 AND YOUNGER
0:44:48 Graham Orme Omaha, Ne
0:50:49 Curtis Aue Auburn, Ne
0:54:52 Jason Goossen Omaha, Ne
0:56:22 Tom Hilsabeck Omaha, Ne
0:57:56 Peter Kok Peru, Ne
0:34:59 John Tripp Omaha, Ne
0:49:56 Andrew Dahlgren Omaha, Ne
0:50:19 David Holland Omaha, Ne
0:57:56 Matthew Bohaboj Lincoln, Ne
1:03:39 Peter Eyestone Dallas, Tx
1:04:36 Samuel Miller Rock Port, Mo
1:09:14 Jim Jeneman Bellevue, Ne
0:50:20 Jon Leisinger Council Bluffs, Ia
0:52:38 Shane Gosch Omaha, Ne
0:58:37 Ron Waymire Waverly, Ne
1:00:19 Danny Wenzl Burchard, Ne
1:40:38 Pat Smith Louisville, Ne
MEN 50 AND BETTER
0:38:30 Terry Seiter St. Joseph, Mo
0:48:33 Dale Richter Shenandoah, Ia
0:53:54 David Van Der Camp Auburn, Ne
1:00:29 Mark Kubic Auburn, Ne
1:07:45 Harold Reich Lincoln, Ne
NO AGE LISTED
0:46:17 Patrick Nieland Omaha, Ne
0:47:29 Rick McMullen Stella, Ne
1:00:29 Kubic Auburn, Ne
WOMEN 19 AND YOUNGER
1:46:02 Chelsea Haak Columbus, Ne
1:51:52 Susie Huhman Columbus, Ne
1:53:37 Loki Rasmussen Ceresco, Ne
2:10:32 Hayley Miller Omaha, Ne
2:28:51 Shelby McIntyre Grand Island, Ne
1:41:29 Celeste Ehrenberg Topeka, Ks
1:50:53 Alexandra Soman Lincoln,Ne
1:53:56 Heather Achterberg Lincoln, Ne
2:04:34 Amanda Heider Ft. Leonard Wood, Mo
2:05:47 Elizabeth Ehrhart Omaha, Ne
2:10:18 Whitney Seiter St. Joseph, Mo
2:30:28 Keri Holstein Lincoln, Ne
2:30:34 Crystal Steidley Chicago, Il
2:41:28 Megan Detjens Omaha, Ne
2:49:19 Stephanie Utley Gower, Mo
1:37:01 Heather Camp Mankato, Mn
1:39:13 Karen Douglas Bennington, Ne
1:52:56 Michelle Kruse Lincoln, Ne
2:07:36 Angela Siebert Omaha, Ne
2:09:09 Rebekah Heather Union, Ne
2:10:56 Tiffaney Koziek Papillion, Ne
2:13:30 Jill Werner Omaha, Ne
2:15:44 Kerry Soby Omaha, Ne
2:18:13 Amy Mack Lincoln, Ne
2:18:33 Tracy Killion Council Bluffs, Ia
2:30:28 Tracy Bohaboj Lincoln, Ne
2:31:45 Amy McIntyre Grand Island, Ne
2:43:50 Angie Rowe Doniphan, Ne
2:44:36 Lana Olson Nashville, Tn
2:48:06 Shana Martinez Omaha, Ne
1:37:14 JoAnne Parker Linden, IA
1:40:39 Julie Feist Beatrice,Ne
1:43:10 Susan Sutton Omaha, Ne
1:52:12 Beth Oltman Cortland, Ne
1:52:32 Brenda Kirkpatrick Auburn, Ne
2:07:51 Katherine Nelson Ft. Calhoun, Ne
2:10:32 Jill Miller Omaha, Ne
2:18:03 Bobie Ruhs Blair, Ne
2:33:06 Shelli Treely Osceola, In
WOMEN 50 AND BETTER
NO AGE AND/OR TOWN LISTED
1:47:47 Katy Billings Auburn, Ne
2:03:24 Matra Ngos
MEN 19 AND YOUNGER
1:41:48 Jesse Rodgers Henderson, Nv
2:05:28 Tanner Rasmussen Ceresco, Ne
2:07:39 Jesse Nelson Ft. Calhoun, Ne
1:23:10 Ben Cohoon Lincoln, Ne
1:49:42 Clint Ehrenberg Columbus, Ne
1:55:04 Bryon Millington Chicago, Il
2:04:34 Samuel Heider Ft. Leonard Wood, Mo
2:23:34 Mathias Wendein Beatrice, Ne
2:24:49 James Hodgman Bellevue, Ne
2:37:00 Jason Killion Council Bluffs, Ia
1:15:58 Jonathon Estabrook Ankeny, Ia
1:18:15 Ben Fish Iowa City, Ia
1:25:50 Ryan Regnier Lincoln, Ne
1:59:21 Zachary Labayere Lincoln, Ne
2:06:17 Dustin Lofing Grand Island, Ne
2:08:56 Coby Werner Omaha, Ne
2:09:59 William Dyer Papillion, Ne
2:14:52 Andrew Detjens Omaha, Ne
2:17:15 Josh Weimer Baltimore, Md
2:31:47 Kyle Klems Lincoln, Ne
1:22:45 Todd Nott Plattsmouth, Ne
1:30:05 Pete Madsen Omaha, Ne
1:34:56 John Skretta Lincoln, Ne
1:41:40 Dennis Mahin Omaha, Ne
1:56:10 Stanley Cadell Bellevue, Ne
2:13:10 Roger Miller Omaha, Ne
2:15:41 Russ Liggett Wichita, Ks
2:29:46 Ron Ruhs Blair, Ne
2:36:47 Tom Rowe Doniphan, Ne
MEN 50 AND BETTER
1:38:09 Bob Freese Ceresco, Ne
1:45:32 Ralph Drier Auburn, Ne
1:52:40 Kevin Tripp West Point, Ia
1:55:03 Ken Pedersen Kearney, Ne
2:05:12 Francis Hendricks Abilene, Ks
2:07:49 Kevin Nelson Ft. Calhoun, Ne
2:12:40 Jamie Gustafson Lincoln, Ne
2:14:20 Robert Beilke Stella, Ne
2:15:17 Dale Rasmussen Ceresco, Ne
2:15:42 Jerry Huxford Clinton, In
2:15:45 Chuck Bucher Marshall, Il
2:33:26 Karl Zuber Mesquite, Tx
NO AGE LISTED
2:01:25 Don Dahlquist Lincoln, Ne
2:07:28 Jay Marshall Lincoln, Ne
2009 Freedom Run Wrap-up...
The Brownville Freedom Run has been called the “Mayberry Run” by a noted running writer. That is nice up to a point. Besides having more friendly people per runner than any other venue in the Midwest, we are as good as anyone at managing the 5K, 10K and Half Marathon runs. We are dedicated to making our Freedom Run a safe and pleasant time. We strive to be runner friendly and as professional as possible without losing our small town charm.
The Freedom Run has a large number of EMT’s and First Responders to make sure everyone is safe. Water stations with sports drinks are situated every 2.5 Kilometers staffed by an EMT or First Responder. Certified medical personnel also patrol the entire course. We have t-shirts and participation medals for every registered runner and a runner’s packet with plenty of neat stuff inside. There are post race snacks and drinks, with local ladies offering a home made continental breakfast at the Town Hall for those with a bigger appetite (free will donation). For those staying in Brownville there is an old fashioned parade, kids entertainment, music, food, story telling, a great professional old time string band called “Recycled,” more food, more entertainment and of course, one of the best fireworks displays in the area.
The additions this year to the Freedom Run, we hope, will make things easier for everyone. We have finally begun on-line registration and on-line credit card payment. This on-line pre-registration is the same cost as last year: $15.00 per runner. We offer a regular mail-in registration form that is downloadable as well. Using mail-in registration, the cost is $20.00/participant. This year is the last year we will have day of the race late registration and that cost is $25.00 per runner. The registration deadline for credit card or mail-in is June 14. After that date, we cannot guarantee a t-shirt or medal.
Because of the Brownville Bridge construction, which is traffic light controlled and one lane, we recommend early arrival for the 6 a.m. check-in for the 7 a.m. sharp start time. Due to the construction, the Run will take place on the east side of the highway. With a history of rains and floods on the Steamboat Trace Trail, if we have slow, soggy conditions there will be a hard surfaced alternative route marked and ready if necessary. At the start/finish line we will have port-a-potties so nobody will have to cross the road to find facilities. At the finish there will be a water mist cool-down area. At this writing, we will be hand timed. To measure the distances, we use a very accurate GPS system. There is ample parking in a field near the start/finish for cars, campers and buses.
The directors strive for a safe, fun time for every participant. We welcome any questions, comments and suggestions to make the 8th Annual Brownville Freedom Run the best yet.
5K, 10K, Half Marathon Saturday July 4,2009
Historic Downtown Brownville, Nebraska
Here is the 5K RUN MAP
Here is the 10K RUN MAP
Here is the HALF MARATHON MAP
Freedom Run 2009 Results
new record *
17 years old and under
1. 24:00 Kaitlun Augustine no address listed
2. 24:07 Alexa Oestmann Auburn, Ne
3. 24:07 Brooke Wissler Peru, Ne
4. 25:22 Alicia Huettner Verdon, Ne
5. 26:51 Clara Logue Covington, Georgia
6. 27:31 Allie Berman Falls City, Ne
7. 35:11 Brittany Witt no address listed
8. 35:14 Brooke Witt no address listed
9. 36:38 Lauren Berman Falls City, Ne
1. 17:42* Nathan Norton Americus, Georgia
2. 18:05 Laine Herron Omaha, Ne
3. 19:29 Matt Heskett Nemaha, Ne
4. 26:51 Bruce Logue Covington, Georgia
1. 24:15 Lucy Zukaitis Brownville, Ne
2. 25:15 Leslie Kreikemeier no address listed
3. 26;32 Sonia Gatherum Lincoln, Ne
4. 26:47 Jen Lippold no address listed
5. 28:52 Debbie Jarred Verdon, Ne.
6. 29:08 Colleen Schoneweis Beatrice, Ne.
7. 30:28 Jina Santo Falls City, Ne.
8. 30:42 Wendi Sims no address listed
9. 31:03 Chelsi Dotson Shubert, Ne.
10. 32:49 Heather Meyer Brownville, Ne.
11. 33:43 Kari Stoakes Lincoln, Ne.
12. 35:28 Rebecca Schier Brownville, Ne.
13. 35:49 Deeny Nielsen Nebraska City, Ne.
14. 38:35 Julie Keller Stella, Ne.
15 38:35 Jennifer Bierman Falls City, Ne.
16. 39:02 Rachael Steinlionson Lincoln, Ne.
17. 39:23 Julie Genthe Peru, Ne.
18. 39:24 Jodi Genthe Lincoln, Ne.
19. 45:14 Teri Messner Falls City, Ne.
20. 45:14 Judy Schlosser Shubert, Ne.
21. 50:17 Lindsey Cole Pappilion, Ne.
22. 52:06 Tandra Sudman Colorado Springs, Co.
23. 52:06 Amanda Drier Auburn, Ne.
24. 53:48 Emily Hummel Auburn, Ne.
1. 19:53 Brannon Hall Lincoln, Ne.
2. 21:48 Jeff Ahern Lincoln Ne.
3. 21:58 Eric Lippold Brownville, Ne.
4. 25:16 Todd Kreikemeier Brownville, Ne.
5. 25:32 Eric Niece Brownville, Ne.
6. 28:04 John Schoneweis Beatrice, Ne.
7. 28:45 Casey Hibbert Brownville, Ne.
8. 29:23 Edward Roubal Plattsmouth, Ne.
9. 29:25 Jordan Georges Lincoln, Ne.
10. 30:32 Jim Rowe Omaha, Ne.
11. 34:50 Chuck Hummel Auburn, Ne.
1. 32:09 Nancy Solie Covington, Georgia
2. 46:02 Allison Hayes Brownville, Ne.
3. 46:03 Cindy Genthe Auburn, Ne.
4. 46:07 Jan McMullen Stella, Ne.
5. 50:26 Susan Wachtler Houston, Texas
6. 50:40 Gail Ellison Papillion, Ne.
7. 53:48 Donna Reeves Maryville, Mo
8. 57:36 Deb Kubic Auburn, Ne.
1. 30:14 Rick Wachtler Houston, Texas
2. 33:52 Paul Logue Covington, Georgia
3. 40:11 Charles Hines Auburn, Ne.
4. 45:41 Marty Hayes Brownville, Ne.
5. 46:06 Andy McMullen Stella, Ne.
6. 50:12 Bob Beckett Stella, Ne.
7. 57:36 John Lauber Brownville, Ne.
17 and under
1. 46:39 Kerri Koehn Firth, Ne.
2. 47:51 Sue Hartman Firth, Ne.
3. 49:10 Micaela Kubic Omaha, Ne.
4. 49:32 Sandy Catan Salem, Ne.
5. 53:54 Karen Green Lincoln, Ne.
6. 57:19 Susanne Bruning no city listed, Ne.
7. 57:48 Jennifer Fish Iowa City, Iowa
8. 1:02:04 Jenn Hyde Auburn, Ne.
9. 1:11:50 Natasha Lopez Omaha, Ne.
10. 1:34:39 Sondra Westenburg Auburn, Ne.
11. 1:34:39 Julie Perry Peru, Ne.
1. 33:44* Matthew Schneider Nebraska City, Ne.
2. 36:32 Adam Lippold no address listed
3. 39:30 Guy Cipolla Cameron, North Carolina
4. 43:53 Seth Kubic Auburn, Ne.
5. 44:18 Rick McMullen Stella, Ne.
6. 49:54 Nick Hyde Auburn, Ne.
7. 51:08 Adam Schamburg St. Lawrence,Kansas
8. 55:44 Roy Schneider Nebraska City, Ne.
9. 56:53 Eric Moody Omaha, Ne.
10. 1:01:12 James Hodgman Belleview, Ne.
1. 56:12* Connie Moody Auburn Ne.
1. 48:24 Brian Robertson Lincoln, Ne.
2. 50:53 Mark Kubic Auburn, Ne.
3. 1:13:30 Ron Heskett Nemaha, Ne.
17 and under
1. 1:40:59 Matthew Humphrey Lincoln, Ne.
1. 1:35:00* Erin Hall Dunlap, Illinois
2. 1:44:45 Kelsi Huseman Clarinda, Iowa
3. 1:46:59 Becky Anderson Lincoln, Ne.
4. 1:54:54 Sonja Honeycutt Omaha, Ne.
5. 1:56:40 Allison Gregg Hamburg, Iowa
6. 1:59:54 Tiffany Sheets Lincoln, Ne.
7. 2:02:08 Christine Porter Kansas City, Mo.
8. 2:11:08 Julie Meyer Lincoln Ne.
9. 2:17:55 Courtney Wilder Omaha Ne.
10. 2:46:45 Karen Greer Oklahoma City, OK
1. 1:25:09 Ben Fish Iowa City, Iowa
2. 1:27:06 Tim Francis Rock Port, Mo.
3. 1:28:45 Chad Lee West Des Moines, Iowa
4. 1:37:32 Koji Ishiyama Omaha, Ne
5. 1:38:45 Mark Hull Clarinda, Iowa
6. 1:41:06 James Cole Papillion, Ne.
7. 1:41:28 Scott Gatherum Lincoln, Ne.
8. 1:43:01 Don Honeycutt Omaha, Ne.
9. 1:55:18 Samuel Stepp Lawrence, Kansas
10. 1:55:55 Douglas Harrison Sugarland, Texas
11. 2:00:58 Joseph Martinez Lincoln, Ne.
12. 2:02:08 Roy Buttermore Kansas City, Mo.
13. 2:02:36 Dave Greer Oklahaoma City, Ok
14 2:07:00 Sean O’Hanlon Elkhorn, Ne.
15. 2:17:36 Mattias Wondon Beatrice, Ne.
1. 1:58:30* Kim Collier Lincoln, Ne.
2. 2:14:14 Pamela Kern Excelsior Springs, Mo
1. 1:32:11* Randy Raymond Blair, Ne.
2. 1:46:41 Kurt Mueller Dawson, Ne
3. 1:55:32 Tom O’Hanlon Elkhorn, Ne.
4. 1:56:43 Johann Murray Tarkio, Mo.
5. 1:58:31 Tom Larson Lincoln, Ne.
6. 1:59:30 Mark Berry Omaha, Ne.
7. 2:00:49 Greg Harrison Horizon City, Texas
8. 2:02:43 Steve Kuhn Lincoln, Ne.
9. 2:06:44 Jay Marshall Lincoln, Ne.
10. 2:10:50 Nelsen Petersen Lincoln, Ne.
11. 2:18:03 Mac Rodgers Lincoln, Ne.
Three runners did not finish their distances.
Check-in/registration at 6:15 a.m.
Race begins at 7 a.m. sharp
The seventh annual Brownville 4th of July Freedom Run 5K, 10K and Half Marathon will be the starting event for the full day of family excitement in Brownville, Nebraska. The 2009 edition of the Freedom Celebration is slated to be bigger and better than ever before.
Lat year we had a record number of runners from all over the country. We are small in numbers of runners but competitive for our size. Fun runners and walkers are also welcome to enjoy the scenery and the day's festivities.
The 5K, 10K and the Half Marathon all start together at 7 A.M. on Main Street of Historic Brownville, Nebraska. Check-in and late registration begin at 6:15 near the Start/Finish line. Pre-registration is recommended and costs $15 per runner. After June 20, late registration is $20 and day of the race registration is permitted.
All pre-registered runners will receive a T-shirt and participation medal. Late entries will receive shirts and medals as supply lasts. We anticipate everyone will have these items in their race packets. The registration forms can be downloaded from this site and may be copied. The forms must be snail mailed to the address on the form with payment enclosed and made out to the Brownville Historical Society. Last year we experienced flooding on the Missouri River which put our normal course under about four feet of water. We hope our normal race course will be dry. All the run distances are an out and back from the start in downtown Brownville to the Steamboat Trace Trail and north along the Missouri River on a State of Nebraska maintained crushed rock running/biking/hiking trail. The elevation changes are minimal except for a slight uphill finish.
There are always several EMTs and rescue vehicles on the trail along with people at aid and water stations along the course. Both water and sports drink will be available at some of the water/aid stations. At the finish there will be bananas, oranges, water, sports drink and other snacks available.
As always, we encourage opinions and ideas to make the Brownville Freedom Run an enjoyable experience.
All the entry information is on the registration form but for any ideas or suggestions or any other questions contact: Paul Fishpaulfish@windstream.net
And remember: COME FOR THE RUN, STAY FOR THE FUN
At 7:00 A.M. on Friday the Fourth of July 2008, the day was just beginning for the Brownville Freedom Celebration. By seven the Brownville Freedom Run volunteers had been making preparations for about two hours. At dawn, the temperature was perfect for the ninty-some runners and walkers checking in and beginning their stretches. The water tables were set up and the water volunteers were at their posts. The fire department personnel from Brownville and Nemaha had their emergency trucks in place for traffic control. The timers, the information gatherers were ready and the EMTs and Paramedics were in place to revive any who would fall along the route from Brownville to the Cooper Nuclear Station and then on to Nemaha. The 5 kilometer runners turned around just before reaching Cooper and the 10 K runners turned around and went back to Brownville just after reaching the driveway of the nuclear plant. The half marathon continued to Nemaha, then south of the river bridge and back.
The runners ranged from age 12 to 70 and came to the Freedom Run from ten states. Besides the surrounding states, people came from California, Georgia, Florida, Nevada and Indiana, just to run either 3, 6 or 13 miles, all for a T-shirt and a medal and for personal satisfaction. One man from Lincoln had a baby in a stroller and his three year old son walked the three mile course along with him.
Each of the three distances had three age groupings both for male and female runners. Only the half marathon master woman runner’s group(fifty years old and better) did not have an entrant. This year there were 18 new records set. The finishers in each category are listed below. A record setting time is noted with a * next to the time.
5 Kilometer junior girls (17 and younger)
1. Claira Logue Covington, Georgia 24:34*
5 kilometer junior boys (17 and younger)
1. Matt Heskett Nemaha, Ne. 18:05*
2. Bruce Logue Covington. Ga 28:59
3. Jesse Rodgers Las Vegas, Nevada 36:49
4. Tate Roberts, Lincoln, Ne 1:01:18
5 Kilometer Women (18-49)
1. Melanie Catlett, Overland Park, Kansas 20:09*
2. Alex Sorman, (no city listed) 20:34
3. Mara Van Ellis, Brownville, Ne. 22:27
4. Susie Bruning, Lincoln, Ne. 25:06
5. Jen Fish, Iowa City,Ia 26:16
6. Lisa Jewell, Ottowa,Ks 27:30
7. Sara Howes,no town listed, 27:48
8. Julie Borrenpohl, Playa Vista, Ca. 29:49
9. Stacie Allen, Las Vegas, Nv. 40:27
10. Amelia McAlexander, Brownville, Ne. 41:32
Erin Scoville, Auburn, Ne. 43:17
Shari Jaros, Humboldt, Ne. 45:25
Teri Messner, Falls City, Ne. 49:42
Judy Schlosser, Shubert, Ne. 49:42
5 Kilometer Men
1. Aaron Jewell, Ottowa, Ks. 17:20*
2. Cody Hawley, Falls City, Ne. 17:34
3. Brett McSpadden, Baldwin City, Ks. 20:04
4. Mark Gonnella, Dawson, Ne. 22:33
5. Jacob Mack, no town listed, 22:41
6. Eric Niece, no town listed, 24:07
7. Micah Coston, Maryville, Mo. 29:11
8. Chuck Hummell, Auburn, Ne. 30:22
9. Alex McMullen, Stella, Ne. 36:05
10, Darren Roberts, Lincoln, Ne, 1:01:18
5K master women (50+)
1. Nancy Solie, Covington, Ga. 30:10*
2. Pat Snyder, Melbourne, Florida 40:33
3. Janice Guiliatt, Fremont, Ne. 42:33
4. Jan McMullen, Stella, Ne. 42:38
5. Vicki Beilke, Stella, Ne. 42:39
5K master men (50+)
1. Ron Heskett, Nemaha, Ne. 28:34
2. John Chaney, Auburn, Ne. 28:35
3. Mike Guiliatt, Fremont, Ne. 41:12
4. Bob Beckett, Stella, Ne. 42:32
10 K junior girls
1. W. Wilson, Auburn, Ne. 1:29:54
10K junior boys
1. Colin Shawgo, Nevada, Iowa 39:39* (fastest overall 10K time)
2. Seth Kubik, Auburn, Ne. 41:40
10 K women
1. Mikaela Kubik, Auburn, Ne. 45:47*
2. Kelsi Huseman, Clarinda, Ia 47:32
3. Michelle Schuller, Winamac, Indiana 50:21
4. Randi Mazzulla, Auburn, Ne. 1:03:17
5. Sherry Fisher, Falls City, Ne. 1:15:58
6. Jodi Genthe, Auburn, Ne. 1:23:26
7. Julie Genthe, Auburn, Ne. 1:23:26
8. Katie Staska, Auburn, Ne. 1:29:59
9. Sandra Westenburg, Auburn, Ne. 1:30:58
10. Julie Perry, Peru, Ne. 1:32:02
10 K men
1. Patrick Nieland, Omaha, Ne. 43:26
2. Dan Edwards, Golden, Colorado 48:25
3. Perry Ridge, Lincoln, Ne. 51:52
4. Luke Chadwell, Sterling, Ne. 1:03:17
10 K master women
1. Sherry Downey, Blair, Ne. 1:03:12*
2. Kelly Carpenter, Falls City, Ne. 1:15:58
3. Cindy Genthe, Auburn, Ne. 1:32:02
10 K master men
1. Kurt Mueller, Dawson, Ne. 45:01*
2. Mark Kubik, Auburn, Ne. 45:47
Half Marathon junior girls
1. Emma Bradley, Nebraska City, Ne. 1:59:35*
Half Marathon junior boys
1. Brandon Weekly, Plattesmouth, Ne. 1:24:30*
2. Alex Houchin, Plattesmouth, Ne. 1:35:09
half marathon women
1. Becky Anderson, Lincoln, Ne. 1:41:15*
2. Katie Billings, Auburn, Ne. 1:46:02
3. Linda Staska, Lincoln, Ne. 1:48:17
4. Sara Richman, no town listed, 1:50:09
5. Hali Jewell, Ottowa, Ks. 1:50:20
6. Carrie Roberts, Lincoln, Ne. 1:52:00
7. Lisa Shawgo, Nevada, Ne. 1:58:44
8. Tiffany Sheets, Lincoln, Ne. 2:02:53
9. Madison Grinnell, Ft. Calhoun, Ne. 2:06:29
10. Kim Hahn, Johnson, Ne. 2:21:16
11. Paula Oestmann, Auburn, Ne. 2:21:16
half marathon men
1. Tim Francis, Rock Port, Missouri 1:18:51*
2. Ben Fish, Iowa City, Ia 1:22:15
3. Brian Reed, Golden, Co. 1:25:20
4. Mark Hull, Clarinda, Ia. 1:26:38
5. Geoff Hall, Blair, Ne. 1:28:19
6. Ben Cohron, Lincoln, Ne. 1:29:46
7. Jog Schaller, Winamac, In. 1:36:44
8. Chad Exceen, no town listed, 1:48:17
9. Stuart Rinkleff, Kansas City, Mo. 1:52:13
10. Andrew Hoffmeyer, Brownville, Ne. 2:07:32
half marathon master men
1. Chester True, Lincoln, Ne. 1:36:02*
2. Bob Beilke, Stella, Ne. 2:01:26
MAKE PLANS FOR THE|
2014 BROWNVILLE FREEDOM RUN XII!
Freedom Run Directors
Freedom Run 2013 Photos
Freedom Run 2012 Photos
Freedom Run 2011 Photos
Freedom Run 2010 Photos
Freedom Run 2009 Photos
Freedom Run 2008 Photos